Friday, September 3, 2010

Errand Day

Today was my last Friday off for the summer. We get half days on Fridays and I've been lucky enough to be able to work flex time during the week so I could have the whole day off. I love that flexibility, and it saves me on gas since I don't have to drive to work. I got a ton of stuff done today - my ShopRite shopping, one last Rite Aid trip, dropped off and picked up some new books at the library, dropped off my recycling and shipped a bunch of stuff that I sold on ebay. During the past couple of weeks, I sold:
  • 23 Secret Deodorants
  • 2 Olay Total Effects facial moisturizers
  • 4 Infusium Shampoos
  • 8 St. Ives facial cleansers
  • 2 Physician's formula mascaras
  • 7 Olay Quench lotions

The Olay and Infusium were big sellers, I got around $25 for each auction. After all the shipping costs, I now have $53 in my Paypal account. I'll use that money to pay for my coupons for the next month or so and any rebates/extra coupons I want to buy. I have some other auctions up right now as well. Selling stuff online can be a bit of work, but its definitely worth it.

Rite Aid

  • 4 Gain Dish Liquids $0.89 each, used four $1 coupons (8/29 P&G) = $0.44 profit
  • 2 Pepsi Max Bottles (20 oz) $1.43 each ($1.59 reg price, 10% Wellness discount), used BOGO coupon (goes straight to printing) and BOGO RA coupon = $0.32 profit *Cashier took off regular price of $1.59 for both coupons, will use these to finish out one of my Budweiser rebates I started yesterday
  • 2 Colgate Total Toothpastes $1.50 each, used two $1 coupons (found in Diabetes & You magazine at Walgreens) and got back $1 UP Reward = FREE
  • Boudreaux's Butt Paste (4 oz) $3.99, used $1 coupon (8/29 SS) and $3 RA coupon = FREE/$0.01 profit
  • Pantene Restoratives Beautiful Lengths Sham/Cond $4, used $2 coupon (8/29 P&G) and got back $2 UP Reward = FREE
  • Purex Complete 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets $8.49 and Purex Detergent $5.99, BOGO sale, used $3 coupons (8/15 RP) and will get back $1 (SCR #66) = $4.49 for both *Was planning on buying 2 3-in-1 sheets but the store only had one.
  • Used $5 off $25 coupon and $2 UP Reward, total was $2.14
ShopRite
  • 2 Wishbone Dressings $0.88 each, used two $0.50 coupons (doubled fully) = $0.24 profit
  • 4 Friendship Sour Creams $1.29 each, used four $0.75 coupons (select "No" when it asks if you've bought Friendship items before, otherwise it will print as a $0.55 coupon) = FREE
  • 4 Mission tortillas $1.64 each, used four $0.75 coupons (8/1 SS) = $0.56 or $0.14 each
  • 4 Perdue Chicken $1.99 each, used four $0.75 coupons (8/29 RP) = $1.96 or $0.49 each *Will use these towards a $8 Budweiser NBPR rebate on $10 of chicken (Exp. 10/3). I'll have to buy two more packages to get up to $10 worth, but when I do, I'll make a $5.06 profit on the rebate
  • Half gallon milk $1.99
  • Total was $4.27

Bought another 4 Perdue at a second store. Will use these towards a second rebate.

Also purchased two Baked Lays at $3.79 each. Will use these towards a $3 Budweiser NBPR rebate on $3 purchase of salty snacks (Exp. 9/8)

4 comments:

Barbara said...

I never thought of selling them on ebay. Have you written a blog on how to do that?
Barbara

frugalsuz said...

Barbara,
I did a post a while back on various places to sell stuff: http://frugalsuz.blogspot.com/2009/03/selling-your-junk.html

Feel free to ask any questions. Its a great way to make some extra money!

spaghetti0625 said...

I'm so jealous of you! I went to CVS on lunch Friday for the pretzel M and M deal, no stock. Then went to Rite Aid for those deals, no Gain and no Pantene Restoratives. We got out at 2, so I went to a CVS on the way home, nothing. Then went to Rite Aid by my house, nothing either....ugh! Yesterday DH and I were up early so we went to RA on the way to the bank, no stock! Do they typically don't stock at the end of the week? I'm soooo mad at myself! I wanted to wake up early this morning to do the RA stuff, but we were out late last night at Ralphie May's comedy show...it ran late and we didn't go to bed til after 3am! (I haven't done THAT in awhile!) we just woke up a little while ago and DH is making pancakes while I browse online. Hopefully this week I can get some good deals!

frugalsuz said...

spaghetti,
That stinks! I hit up a couple stores that had very low stock too. The stores in my area typically restock on Thursday/Friday of each week, but that could vary for your stores.