Tuesday, April 14, 2009

More of the Same

FYI - if you have any of the freebie Bayer coupons from the 3/22 SS, hold onto them for a fabulous Walgreens sale during the week of 4/26. The monitors are going to be $14.99 each, you'd use the coupon to get them for free and then you get back a $5 RR. That's a $5 profit! I just ordered a bunch of coupons off ebay. :)

CVS
  • 4 Sobe Life Waters $1.69 each, BOGO sale, used two BOGO coupons (cashier took off $1.69 for one and $1.59 for the other) = FREE - just paid tax of $0.12

Ewww, so after looking at these bottles when I got home, they are expired! One expired in November 2008. What do you think? Are they safe to drink? Will I collapse in convulsions if I take a sip? I would exchange them, but these were the last ones this store had. I guess I could take them to another store...seems like a lotta trouble for free water.

ShopRite

  • 4 Ziploc storage bags $1.50 each, used four $0.55 coupons (3/15 or 4/5 SS) = $1.20 or $0.40 each
  • 12 Breyers yogurts $0.33 each, used three $0.50 off 4 coupons (4/5 SS) = $0.96 or $0.08 each - just wish they'd have more flavors in the light variety
  • Used two $1 catalinas, total was $0.81

Walgreens

  • Edge Infused Shaving Gel (can also buy Edge Energy Shaving Gel in black cans) $2.99, got back $3 RR = FREE
  • 2 Scotch bubble mailers $0.33 each with in-circular coupon - I'm so happy these went on sale again! I'm definitely stocking up.
  • Used $3.50 RR, total was $0.42

Different store

  • Colgate Max White or Max Fresh Toothbrush $3.29, used $0.75 coupon (3/29 SS) and got back $3.50 RR = $0.96 profit
  • 2 Scotch bubble mailers $0.33 each with in-circular coupon
  • Used $3 RR, total was $0.49

Then I did a rinse and repeat at another store:

  • Edge Infused Shaving Gel (can also buy Edge Energy Shaving Gel in black cans) $2.99, got back $3 RR = FREE
  • 2 Scotch bubble mailers $0.33 each with in-circular coupon
  • Used $3.50 RR, total was $0.42

And then...

  • Colgate Max White or Max Fresh Toothbrush $3.29, used $0.75 coupon (3/29 SS) and got back $3.50 RR = $0.96 profit
  • 2 Scotch bubble mailers $0.33 each with in-circular coupon
  • Used $3 RR, total was $0.49

I'm really loving these two transactions because the OOP is so low. I am going to repeat these until I run out of coupons or collapse from exhaustion, whichever comes first.

13 comments:

Kimmie said...

I did the Breyers deal tonight and got 16 yogurts...I do agree with you and wish they had more flavor options for the light variety. I got Vanilla and Strawberry.

frugalsuz said...

Kimmie,
Oh you lucky duck! I would have loved some strawberry. My store had 1-2 of the blueberry and the rest were cherry. Maybe I'll try another store later in the week.

Together We Save said...

I would not drink if expired. I say take them back to the store for an exchange.

Amiyrah said...

Suz,

my SR had lots of flavors in the light, but not a lot in the regular kind. You and I have the opposite problem lol.

Also, if you're going to do the colgate toothbrush deal, my store didn't have them on the shelves but at the end of the aisle in a big bin. Remember to get the "plus" kind...the other kinds might not produce the catalina.

annathy03 said...

I'm the opposite! We usually have sales on Yoplait, though I'd love to try the Breyers, and they usually are lacking a selection in the regular flavors- the lights taste fine, but I don't feel like 110 calories is enough to call it breakfast. Not that 170 qualifies as a full meal either, but they seem to fill me up better. As for the water I'd exchange them... plain water is one thing; but you never know with the flavor stuff they put in the other kinds.

Tracey C. said...

frugalsuz- the 2/22 SS coupons are expired in my insert, they expired 3/14/09! I cut out about 6 of them before I realized! DOH! I dont think I have any of the inserts either..just my luck huh? Just wanted you to know the 2/22's won't work. Thanks for your great updates!
Warmly, Tracey C.

Simplysara said...

OKay, maybe this is too good to be true, but do you also still get the toothpaste cat with the $5 cat on the monitors next week?

Born2Save said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Bayer monitors! I haven't done WG's a whole lot before, so do they have some rain check system in place for items that print RR that are out of stock? I'm planning on ordering q's on Ebay also but am thinking that it might be hard to find these. TIA!

slugmama said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Meter RR. Heck, $5 beats free toothpaste in my book....especially since I have a BAZILLION tubes of that already!lolol
I just hope the only 2 WAGS around here don't run out of meters that week before I get there. ;-)
Thanks again!!

American Dreamer said...

Thanks for the tip on the bubble mailers. I need to stock too!

frugalsuz said...

Together,
Thanks, I think I will end up doing that.

Amiyrah,
I did the toothbrush deal this morning and it worked like a charm! I'm going to hit up a couple more SR's today and I'll post tonight. Thanks for letting me know.

annathy,
I know, I looked at the regulars but just didn't want to waste that many calories on yogurt.

Tracey,
Oops, thanks, I'll update the post. :)

Simplysara,
I was wondering about that too! I doubt you'll still get the RR for free toothpaste during the week of 4/26. The mega saver price of $14.99 for the monitors ends 4/25 and I bet the toothpaste RR's will stop then too. But $5 profit sounds good to me!

Brooke's Mom,
Hmm, rainchecks on items that produce RR's are tricky. You'd have no problem getting a raincheck for a sale price, but the managers have no control over what prints from the catalina machine (RR's) so I think you might have a hard time getting a RR raincheck, especially since the deal is a moneymaker. I'd suggest doing your shopping early that week.

slugmama,
No problemo!

Precious,
You're welcome! I love this price on the mailers!

lovinsanta said...

On the waters if they don't have any to exchange I would still say something.

I got moldy cheese one time (bag kind) and the store exchanged. I still let Kraft know because it was well before the expiration date and so I e-mailed them the lot # etc. I received 3 free item coupons. I was able to get 3 huge bags of cheese for free.

Heather

Queen said...

awesome! i have 10 of those bayer Q's!