Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Announcement

I am happy to announce that my sister now has her very own blog! Do you remember this beauty? Or how about this one? Well, now you can read all about it! Let your fingers do the walking and take a gander. :)

CVS - my card. I hadn't planned on buying the baskets but I read on the message boards that someone else had just cut off the handles and used them for storage. Eureka! That's a great idea!
  • Skintimate $3.49, got back $3.49 EB (Limit 1) = FREE
  • Sterlite container clearanced to $0.44
  • Absolutely Divine chocolate $0.33
  • Used $4 EB, total was $0.29

Then I bought:

  • 2 Bamboo Easter Baskets $1.99 each, got back $3.98 EB (Limit 2, Sunday and Monday only) = FREE
  • Used $3.49 EB, total was $0.52

DBF's card

  • 2 Bamboo Easter Baskets $1.99 each, got back $3.98 EB (Limit 2, Sunday and Monday only) = FREE
  • Sterlite container clearanced to $0.49
  • Used $4 EB, total was $0.50

Then I bought

  • Skintimate $3.49, got back $3.49 EB (Limit 1) = FREE
  • Sunchips $0.99
  • Used $3.98 EB, total was $0.50

Walgreens - I LOVE the Garnier lotions! They're on sale this week, so its a great time to do the Garnier rebate if you love them too.

  • Oust Air Sanitizer (10 oz) or Surface & Air Sanitizer (12 oz) $2.99, use $2 coupon (3/29 SS) and get back $1.10 (ESR #20, Limit 4) = $0.10 profit
  • Garnier Nutritioniste lotion $10, used $1 coupon (4/5 RP) = $9
  • Chapstick 100% Naturals or True Shimmer Lip Balm or Butter (0.15 oz) $1.99, get back $1.99 RR = FREE
  • 2 Mead envelopes $0.69 each with in-circular coupon
  • Used $3 RR, $3 RR and $3 RR, total was $5.51

Second trip

  • Garnier Nutritioniste lotion $10, used $1 coupon (4/5 RP) = $9 *Bonus pack with a Maybelline mascara - hoorah! Now will qualify for $11 rebate (WYB $20 of Garnier, $10 + 10% bonus, ESR #3) = $3.50 a bottle
  • 5 Royal gelatins $0.20 each or 5 for $1 with in-circular coupon (these were fillers)
  • Used $2 RR, $2 RR, $3 RR and $3 RR, total was $0.70

Went back later to grab the last bonus Garnier pack this store had. I probably could have worked this deal better, but I was just too tired to care. I'll do this rebate in DBF's name (have to buy one more bottle to qualify)

  • Garnier Nutritioniste lotion $10, used $1 coupon (4/5 RP) = $9 *Bonus pack with a Maybelline mascara
  • Edge Infused or Energy Shaving Gel $2.99, got back $3 RR = FREE
  • Used $2 RR, total was $10.90

Today's count: Skintimate - 4, Edge - 15, Chapstick - 18

8 comments:

Connie said...

Your easter baskets look nice! My CVS had like 3 left on the shelf and they all looked like Salvation Army rejects! Oh well...free is free...I don't know what the heck to do with them!

Amiyrah said...

you dont think there is going to be a better deal on the garnier lotions? I wanted to wait it out to stock up on those, but I don't want to miss this sale if it's the only good one this month.

American Dreamer said...

Your sister's cakes are wonderful!
Love the deals you got today!

frugalsuz said...

Connie,
SA rejects?? LOL!!!

Amiyrah,
Nope, this is looks like the only week in April they're going to be on sale.

Precious,
Thanks!

Lisa B. said...

18 chapsticks? I so wish I had the energy you have to do all that hounding.

frugalsuz said...

Lisa,
lol, thanks. I have a bunch of Walgreens in my area so its very easy to pop in real quick and then head to the next one. But right now I'm exhausted with Walgreens and do not want to step foot inside ever again! But you know I will...

Sam said...

I had that idea too with the square baskets. My niece will be born in a few months, and they are the perfect colors for her room. Its great that they are just colors with polka dots, no bunnys or anything easter specific :)

frugalsuz said...

Sarah,
Aww, those will be a great gift. I liked the colors too. I tried to pick ones that weren't very holiday-looking and I got the square instead of oval b/c I figure those will fit into shelves and closets better.