Sunday, April 19, 2009

Attack of the Gnats

What a beeeeutiful weekend this was! We had two days of beautiful, sunny, warm weather. My boyfriend and I thought we'd give the Skylands Botanical Garden another go. The last time we went, someone (who shall remain nameless) forgot to bring extra batteries for the camera and our photography session was cut short. This time, the batteries were ready to go, it was a gorgeous day out and we were prepared. Well, we thought we were anyway. We didn't count on the swarms of gnats that continuously buzzed around our heads. Ugh, soooo annoying! They even crashed my pictures! See the little yellow/white blob on the left hand side of this shot? GNAT!
Punks.
We tried to enjoy ourselves despite our hiking buddies. I loved this tree's crazy roots.
Isn't this tree beautiful? It makes me feel like I'm in the plains of the Serengeti.
Ahh, that looks more like Jersey. Gorgeous! Its too bad there were so many people in the park enjoying the sunshine also. They had the nerve to get in my shot. Sheesh. People. :)
I was so happy to see all the daffodils. Everywhere we looked, flowers were a-bloomin. When we went last year, most of the flowers had died in the summer heat. Finally, we had enough of the gnats and hightailed it out of there.
On Sunday, we treated ourselves to delicious, homemade ice cream at Cliffs. If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend it. They've been there over 30 years and there's a reason they're still around.

3 comments:

American Dreamer said...

Thank you so much for the picture of the beautiful daffodils!

frugalsuz said...

Aren't they pretty? I love flowers!

Jenny Rottinger said...

such a beautiful weekend! we went to Alamuchy park for a walk and it was just great. maybe next weekend we'll try this one.