Friday, April 10, 2009

Big Spender

Like many others, I got some crazy CVS coupons this week - $15 off a $75 purchase and $20 off $100. When I first got these, I thought, oh well, there's no way I'm going to be able to use these in a smart or profitable way. But thanks to nasagreen and annathy's posts, I got some great tips and headed out to the store. Gracias ladies!CVS - My card. My subtotal here was over $100, but the cashier hit some button that applied the CVS sales, which brought it down to around $76. Grr! The $20 off $100 coupon then wouldn't work, so I had to run back and grab the monitors real quick. I was glad I had a backup plan in mind!
  • 3 cases Diet Coke $11, used three $1 coupons (these always beep at CVS for me -- so annoying) and got back $3 EB (Limit 1) = $5 or $1.66 each
  • 2 Excedrin Migraine $1.99 each, used two $2 coupons (second adjusted down) = FREE
  • Excedrin Express Gels $1.99, used $2 coupon (adjusted down) = FREE
  • Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe mascara $7 and 2 Cover Girl loose powders $6.49 each, used three $1 coupons (4/5 P&G) and got back $10 EB for spending $20 on Cover Girl (Limit 1) = $2.49 each
  • 5 Schick Intuition Razors $9.99 each and one cartridge $10.19, BOGO sale, used three $4 coupons (3/22 SS) and three BOGO coupons (4/5 SS) = $12 profit *FYI these coupons gave me major beepage (at both stores). Luckily the cashiers overrode them.
  • Softsoap Ensembles base $3.99, used $2 coupon (Reinventing Beauty magazine found in stores or 3/22 SS) = $1.99 - I was thinking I would get back EB's, but I forgot that you only get them when you buy two. I'm out of coupons at this point, so I'll probably just leave it as this and move on.
  • 2 boxes CVS tissues $1.99 each, used $1 off 2 CRT = $2.98
  • Bayer Contour monitor $14.99, used freebie coupon (3/22 RP) = FREE
  • Accu-Chek Aviva Diabetes Monitoring Kit $9.99, get back $9.99 EB (Limit 1) = FREE
  • Used $20 off $100 coupon and $3.98 EB, total was $6.97, overall profit $12.04
DBF's card
  • 3 cases Diet Coke $11, used three $1 coupons and got back $3 EB (Limit 1) = $5 or $1.66 each
  • 2 Excedrin Migraine $1.99 each, used two $2 coupons (not adjusted at this store) = $0.02 profit
  • Excedrin Express Gels $1.99, used $2 coupon = $0.01 profit
  • 2 Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe mascaras $7 each and Cover Girl loose powder $6.49, used three $1 coupons (4/5 P&G) and got back $10 EB for spending $20 on Cover Girl (Limit 1) = $2.49 each
  • Accu-Chek Aviva Diabetes Monitoring Kit $9.99, get back $9.99 EB (Limit 1) = FREE
  • 6 Schick Intuition Razors $9.99 each, BOGO sale, used three $4 coupons (3/22 SS) and three BOGO coupons (4/5 SS) = $12 profit
  • Used $15 off $75 coupon and $3.49 EB, total was $7.97, overall profit $11.53
Walgreens - rebates in DBF's name
  • Bayer Contour monitor $14.99, used freebie coupon (3/22 RP) = FREE, got back a coupon for a FREE 6 oz. tube of Crest Pro Health toothpaste
  • Garnier Nutritioniste lotion with bonus $10, used $1 coupon (4/5 RP) = $9 - Now will qualify for $11 rebate (WYB $20 of Garnier, $10 + 10% bonus, ESR #3) in DBF's name = $3.50 a bottle
  • Total was $9.70

Second transaction

  • Crest ProHealth toothpaste $3.50, used freebie coupon from buying monitor = FREE

Rinse and repeated Bayer & Crest twice (all in separate transactions) and will qualify for $5 rebate (ESR #5) = $5 profit

6 comments:

Amanda Grant said...

Wow! Those are some serious shopping trips. What are you going to do with all the monitors?

Lisa B. said...

Do you have any idea why the razor coupons beeped?

frugalsuz said...

Amanda,
Thanks! I'm going to donate the monitors since I don't have any use for them. I'll try taking them to my food pantry and if that doesn't work, I'll try the local senior center.

Lisa,
I really don't know! In the one order, I used the BOGO coupons first and then the $4 coupons. The $4 coupons beeped here. In the second order, I did the reverse - $4 coupons first, then the BOGO. In this store, the BOGO coupons beeped. So I guess it was whatever I used second. It might have been because I was getting overage, but I've done this in similar situations before and not had problems.

Everything beeped for me yesterday - the Coke coupons, the Cover Girl coupons, the Excedrin coupons, the Schick coupons. I'm exhausted just thinking about it again! LOL

The Deal Fanatic said...

Hi there,
First time visiting your blog and I love it already!! I love blogs with scenario's for the more challenged couponer (like me) I would so love to add your blog button but I don't see one. I'll have to find a way to add you onto my blog anyway. Great informative site!

Angie.... said...

I never got the bogo razor coupons in my papers i was disappointed. wow on the great shopping trip.

frugalsuz said...

Deal Fanatic,
Thank you very much!

Angie,
That stinks. I hate when I see a great deal and find out I don't have the same coupons to do it myself.