Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fun Day

Today was so much fun! My mom, two sisters and I went into NYC to see Wicked! It was a belated birthday present for my middle sister (both are younger) and we all got to go. The show was AMAZING! I loved every minute. We were in the second row - yes, the second row! At times we had to crane our necks up to see all of the action. Towards the end of the show, I could actually see the spots on the main actress' (Nicole Parker) hands where the green paint was starting to wear through. I could see the seam and zipper on the green shirt she wore. I could see the tiny microphones all the actors had on their foreheads. It was so cool! The songs were amazing and the actors gave such a wonderful performance. The actress who played Glinda (Alli Mauzey) has a beautiful voice and was really funny. The storyline was so interesting and definitely held my interest. Loved it!

The only downside to the day was catching the train home with three thousand other people. Some of the earlier trains had been cancelled for whatever reason, so it was standing room only for most of the hour long train ride home. Ugh.

4 comments:

Jenny Rottinger said...

I got to see it when it first came out and absolutely loved it. of course i have both book and soundtrack from the show now :o)

Rebecca said...

OMG I am sooo jealous. I've seen this twice but from the waayyy high balcony in the back so it is hard to see everything. I bet the details were awesome! I listed to the soundtrack a lot, especially the love songs and Pop-u-lar ;)

Chicagolandia said...

I love Wicked! I saw it during its last week in Chicago. I bet those seats were amazing!

Anonymous said...

Oh im jealous. I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching live shows! Im glad you had such great seats and enjoyed yourself so much!