CVS #1 - the new manager here used to be a manager at my favorite store. He's just plain lazy. When the cashier showed him the 50% stickers on the Revlon, he scanned them again (as if that's gonna make a difference), messed around with another scanner and then proceeded to closely examine the 50% sticker itself as if he could gain some deep, meaningful understanding from its perky pink color and lovely round shape. Then he asked me to walk him over to where they were in the store. Doesn't he know where the makeup is in his own store? Couldn't he have done that after I left? Maybe he thought I carry a secret arsenal of pink 50% off stickers in my pocket to adhere to cosmetic items before I buy them. Sigh. I walked him over (him doing the "cool guy" shuffle slowly behind me) and showed him the oodles and oodles of makeup clearance in his own store. He then told the cashier to price adjust the items for me (couldn't he have done that in the first place?).
The last time he rang me up, he was chattin' up some younger cashier and the cashier actually said to him (after I'd been waiting at least a minute), "maybe you should go ring her up." There was a stool by the register and a bunch of papers on the counter (he was probably doing some kind of inventory work) and he actually sat on it to ring me up. I had to push the items closer to the scanner so he wouldn't have to go through the arduous task of reaching for them. One time (at the last store), I had a problem with an order and the cashier paged this guy from the back. He slowly walked to the front with a Hot Pocket and had the nerve to have the cashier ring him up BEFORE he helped me! He's not a nasty or mean guy, but man, I wish he'd gone to a store far, far away. :) Ok, rant over...on to the important stuff...what I got!
- 2 Revlon nail polish double packs $5.99 each, 50% off so $3 each, used two $2 coupons (9/14 or 1/11 SS) = $2 for both - I was hoping these would still count for the BOGO sale, but no dice. A line was forming behind me at this point, so bought them and returned them at store #2.
- CVS cotton squares $3.49, used $3 CVS brand coupon and got back $1 EB (hidden monthly deal, limit 5) = $0.51 profit
- Soy Joy $6, got back $6 EB (hidden monthly deal, limit reportedly 10) = FREE
- After doing the Revlon return, my total came to $4.41 profit
CVS #2: CVS 6 pack sparkling water $3.97, used $3 CVS brand coupon and got back $2 EB = $1.03 profit
Transaction 2: 2 packages CVS plastic cups $2.79 each, used $3 CVS brand coupon and $2 EB, total was $0.62
CVS #3: 2 boxes CVS brand cheese crackers (as far as I know, only the cheese ones produce EB's), $1.97 each, used $3 CVS brand coupon and got back $2 EB (hidden deal, limit at least 8) = $1.06 profit
CVS #4: 2 boxes CVS brand cheese crackers $1.97 each, used $3 CVS brand coupon and got back $2 EB (hidden deal, limit at least 8) = $1.06 profit
CVS #3 again
- CVS apple juice $2.59
- CVS brand cheese crackers, got back $1 EB (hidden deal, limit at least 8)
- Used $3 CVS brand coupon, total was $1.56
- 2 boxes CVS brand cheese crackers $1.97 each, used $3 CVS brand coupon and $1 off 2 CVS coupon and got back $2 EB (hidden deal, limit at least 8) = $2.06 profit
- 3 boxes Soy Joy bars $6 each, used $3 off $10 coupon (1/4 SS) and got back $18 EB ($6 for each, hidden monthly deal, limit 10) = $3 profit
- 2 Revlon nail polishes $4.99 each, BOGO sale, used $2 coupons (9/14 or 1/11 SS) and $2 CVS CRT coupon = $1.01 profit
- Used $5.99 EB, $7.49 EB, total was $0.45, overall profit was $6.07
Transaction 2 - CVS 6 pack sparkling water $3.97, used $3 CVS brand coupon and got back $2 EB = $1.03 profit
Walgreens - stopped here to look for the Auto Expressions air fresheners - guess what I found?
- 5 Garnier conditioners - clearanced to $2.19 each, used five $1 coupons (1/4 RP) and $2 WAG Easy Saver coupon (from monthly booklet, scanned 5x automatically) = $4.05 profit
- Tostitos $3.79
- WAG dried fruit $1
- Total was $1.51
WAG #2 - new store opened in my area and they had $3 off $10 coupons in the circular
- Dark and Lovely hair color $5, got back $5 RR = FREE
- Revlon Matte Collection blush $9.99 (realized last night one I'd bought previously wasn't Matte Collection and didn't qualify for the rebate, will return that one), used $2 coupon (9/14 or 1/11 SS) and will get back $10.98 ($9.99 + 10% bonus, ESR #1) = $2.99 profit
- Used $3 off $10 coupon, total was $10.83, overall profit was $5.15
- 5 cases Diet Pepsi $15
- 2 bags Tostitos $3.50 each, got back $10 RR for spending $20 on Pepsi/Frito products (monthly deal, can also spend $15 and get back $5 RR - weekly deal)
- Used $5 RR from Dark and Lovely and $3 off $10 coupon and will submit for $15 in coupons Pepsi/Frito rebate, total was $14.84