Monday, January 26, 2009

Finishing the Pepsi Deal

TOTAL PROFIT FOR JANUARY: $310.54

UPDATE - the Smooth Away thing did a whole lotta nuthin'! What do you think? Can I return it opened to the store for a refund?

Just to be clear, the Stacy's chips I bought will NOT count towards the Pepsi coupon rebate going on now (wrong size). I have done this rebate with items I bought previously, so I just bought the Stacy's chips to try them, and boy are they yummy!

Rite Aid

  • Garnier Fructis Body & Volume Shampoo or Conditioner $2.99, used $1 coupon (10/4, 11/9 or 1/4 RP) and will get back $2.99 (SCR #71) = $1 profit

Rinse and repeat for DBF's rebate

CVS - DBF's name

  • 4 2-liter bottles of Pepsi $1.25 each (one missing from the pic b/c it was leaking! yuck)
  • 2 bags Stacy's chips $3 each, used two $1.50 coupons (1/25 SS) - got back $10 for spending $20 on Pepsi products between today's and yesterday's purchases
  • 2 Soy Joy boxes (6 bars each), used $3 off $10 coupon (1/4 SS) and got back $12 EB ($6 for each, hidden monthly deal, Limit 10) = $3 profit
  • Used $9 EB, $7.98 EB, total was $0.02

My card

  • 4 2-liter bottles of Pepsi $1.25 each 2 bags
  • Stacy's chips $3 each, used two $1.50 coupons (1/25 SS) - got back $10 for spending $20 on Pepsi products between today's and yesterday's purchases
  • Smooth Away - been wanting to try this! $9.99
  • CVS cough drops $1.19, used freebie coupon from scanner = FREE
  • Used $10 EB and $7.99 EB, total was ZERO! (love that)

8 comments:

Amiyrah said...

suz,

are you sure that the stacy's chips are included in the pepsi rebate? I don't remember seeing them listed on there, so I was hesitant to pick them up. *crossing fingers*

frugalsuz said...

Amiyrah,
Oh yes, they're included. I just tried them and you're right, they're SO good!

Slickcat said...

Seems like the issue with the pepsi rebate is that the lays chips you purchase are supposed to be 9 oz+, and the stacy's in the CVS sale are 6 oz?

As far as the smooth away, you may have better luck writing the manufacturer. I always hesitate with the "as seen on tv products"...I've heard really good things about the pedegg, but seems like the others are hit-and-miss.

Thanks for answering my question about the juice at Target...hoping to get some today :)

frugalsuz said...

Emily,
OH DUH! Sorry about that, I see what you and Amiyrah are saying now. I thought Amiyrah was asking whether the Stacy's chips were included in the CVS EB deal, not realizing you meant the Pepsi coupon rebate. So sorry! No, the Stacy chips probably won't count towards the Pepsi rebate. I've already done mine, so I wasn't buying with that in mind. Sorry for the confusion!

Connie said...

Hi frugalsuz, it's cdarrow26 from the GC thread. I returned an opened product to cvs that I didn't like and they gave me my money back, no questions asked. Hope they will do that for you too!

frugalsuz said...

Connie,
Cool, I'll try returning it and see what happens. I'm usually wary of "as seen on tv" products, but the Ped Egg was great and my DBF loves the Pedi Paw for his dog, so I figured I'd give it a try.

Connie said...

I've heard GREAT things about the Pedi-Paws for dogs too. I've been thinking about getting it for my dogs, but they are little guys and I'm worried they may be afraid of it! Good luck, let me know how you make out...

frugalsuz said...

Connie,
The Pedi Paws works really well. My boyfriend just bought the newest version of it and its really quiet and works great.