Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gridlock

Thankfully I got through Irene without any damage.  There are lots of folks whose houses are underwater and my heart goes out to them.  Many are still without power.  Getting across this lovely state to go to and from work has been a nightmare.  For the route I take, all but one highway is closed, so you can imagine the gridlock of everyone having to use just one road.  Fun fun fun!

I got out to do some shopping and after a quick power outage while I was in the store, it was an in and out trip.

Rite Aid
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor $8.79 ($10.99 reg price, 20% discount), used $4 coupon (7/31 P&G *Expires 8/30) and got back $4 UP (Limit 2) = $0.79
  • Total was $5.41
Then I used that UP to buy another one:
  • Mitchum Advanced Control Women's Deodorant $3.19 ($3.99 reg price, 20% discount), used $2 RA coupon (August Video Values), $1 coupon (8/21 SS) and got back $2 UP (Limit 2) = $1.81 profit
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor $8.79 ($10.99 reg price, 20% discount), used $4 coupon (7/31 P&G *Expires 8/30) and got back $4 UP (Limit 2) = $0.79
  • Used $4 UP, total was $1.82


Also headed over to ShopRite for some cheap vitamins.  I have some groceries to buy this week, but I just made a quick trip on my lunch break for these.
  • 4 Osteo BiFlex Glucosamine Supplements $7.99 each, used $7 coupon (8/7 RP) = $3.96 or $0.99 each

3 comments:

Amanda Grant said...

I'm glad you're okay! I hope the roads are rebuilt asap so everyone can get on with their lives.

Jessica said...

Glad you are OK, be careful out there!

frugalsuz said...

Thanks ladies! The problem with a lot of the roads is that they're flooded, so we are all waiting for the water to recede. Not fun at all!