The downside to ordering coupons online is that you obviously don't have them in-hand to do a sale right away. Most weeks that's fine with me, but this week, most of the deals I wanted involved Sunday's coupons so I had to wait. The newspapers in my area stopped carrying the RP insert, so I'd be stuck buying those online anyway. But even on weeks where there isn't a RP, at $1.50-$2 a pop, Mad Coupons blows the price of buying papers out of the water.
Rite Aid - did this transcation twice, one for my rebates and one for my boyfriend's account. I also used up all the UP Rewards I had on-hand, so no pressure to rush back in to RA if the deals aren't looking hot.
- Bengay Pain Relief + Massage Gel $7.99, used $3 coupon and $3 in-circular coupon and will submit for Try Me Free rebate (6/20 RP) = $6 profit
- Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor $9.99, used $4 coupon (8/1 P&G) and will get back $5 (SCR #78) = $0.99
- 4 Crest Pro-Health or 3D White Rinses $5 each, used four $2 coupons (8/1 P&G) and will get back $10 (SCR #39) = $2 *Also counts towards SCR #556
- Used $5 off $25 coupon, $3 UP Reward and $5 UP Reward, total was $8.73
CVS - stopped in mainly to get some Skippy PB but the store only had chunky, so I walked out with a raincheck instead.
- 2 Kudos Bars $2 each
- Used $1 EB and $1 EB, total was $2
When I was a wee lass, my mom and I flew to Florida, just the two of us. I only have a few memories from that trip - waving goodbye to my dad and sisters at the airport, watching cartoons in the hotel room, laying down beach towels on the black leather seats of the car we rented (Florida + black leather seats + summer = unhappy frugalsuz) so we could stand sitting on them and flicking lizards off the screen door of my grandparents' house each morning. My mom assures me that we visited Disney, but I just don't remember! One of my clearest memories is from the plane ride. Our in-flight meal included a Kudos bar and I remember turning to my mom in amazement, wondering what this little bar of heaven was called. I'm sure she laughed at me (as she usually does when I say stupid stuff like that) and passed it off, but my life was forever changed that day. Every once and a while, I like to nosh on some Kudos bars for old times sake.
- 5 Ziploc Bags $1.50 each (fifth was $2.09), used four $0.55 coupons (7/25 SS) and got back $5 catalina and cat for FREE reusable bag (WYB 5) = $1.31 profit
- Peaches $0.69/lb = $1.99
- Hanes undies $2.99
- Used $5 catalina, total was $4.08