Monday, October 22, 2012

On Top of the World!

Another gorgeous day today, so we took a drive to Sam's Point Preserve in Craigsmoor, NY. The drive up was amazing and I knew as we drove up and up and up to get to the park that we'd be in for a treat.
The view was just spectacular.  This was as close as I got to the edge, but DBF isn't a loser and walked out much further, assuring me that the view was "so much" better there.  Yeah, that's ok, I'm good right here.

This was the trail we had just been on!  Although some parts of the trail are steep, its all on a trail.  No rock climbing involved.


I love this shot.  Doesn't it seem like I'm looking out on an ocean?  Nope, just more beautiful wooded landscapes out there.



At the top of the climb is a gorgeous lake.  The wind was kicking up really good at this elevation and waves were chopping up the surface of the lake.  There's something so serene about being by water.  If it weren't so cold up there, I could have spent the entire day soaking up the sun and listening to the water.

If you're in the area, I definitely recommend taking a couple hours to explore this park.  We were there about two hours and saw a good chunk of it, and there's a waterfall and a whole other 2+ mile trail that we didn't attempt.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

That is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

frugalsuz said...

Thanks, it really was beautiful there.