Friday, June 3, 2011

POTATO STIX!

When I was but a wee lass, I loved potato stix. Out of the blue, I started thinking about them recently and I've been on the hunt for them ever since. Imagine my surprise when I spotted them today in Rite Aid! I found them in two different stores, so I guess its a new item that they are carrying. Unlike a bunch of other things I used to love when I was little, these are just as good as I remembered!

Rite Aid
  • Ensure 4 pack $7.99 ($9.99 reg price, 20% Wellness discount), used $1 RA peelie, $2 coupon (5/1 SS) and will send away for TMF rebate (tearpad found in stores) = $3 profit
  • 2 New Skin Spray Bandages (1 oz) $5.99 each, used two $1 coupons (printable, no longer available), got back two $3 UP's (Limit 4) and will get back $4 ($2 each, SCR #22, Limit 2) = FREE/$0.01 profit
  • Utz Potato Stix $0.79 ($0.99 reg price, 20% Wellness discount)
  • Used $3/$15 survey coupon, $1 non-prescription coupon (June Video Values), two $1 UP's, two $2 UP's and $3 UP, total was $2.52, overall profit $6.47
Then at another store, I got:
  • Ensure 4 pack $7.99 ($9.99 reg price, 20% Wellness discount), used $1 RA peelie, $2 coupon (5/1 SS) and will send away for TMF rebate (tearpad found in stores) = $3 profit
  • New Skin Spray Bandage (1 oz) $5.99, used $1 coupon (printable, no longer available), got back $3 UP (Limit 4) and will get back $2 (SCR #22, Limit 2) = FREE/$0.01 profit
  • 2 Utz Potato Stix $0.79 each ($0.99 reg price, 20% Wellness discount)
  • Used $3/$15 survey coupon, $1 non-prescription coupon (June Video Values), $4.99 UP, total was $2.39, overall profit $5.61
There's a $1 SCR (#21, Limit 6) for Ensure this month, but its for the High Protein variety. These didn't have the $1 peelie coupons on them, so I opted to get the regular variety instead. The mail in rebate is good on any variety of Ensure, so if you're lucky enough to find the peelie on the High Protein, you're golden. These RA peelies vary from store to store and for all different amounts, so don't be surprised if your store has them on different items or doesn't have them at all.

2 comments:

Lulu T. said...

Hi! :D i found the rebates at CVS today and i was wondering. I read that it says Limit 1 request per household per product. would you know if that means that per 4 pack or per variety? Thanks in advance!

frugalsuz said...

Lulu,
Generally, most rebates are limit one per household. This means that you can get one rebate back per address. For the Ensure rebate, you can submit one rebate for your address. Do you have any family that you could send the rebate to as well? I do this at my parent's and boyfriend's addresses. They save the checks for me and then I cash them, basically doing rebates in triplicate.