Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Got my Gas Card!

ShopRite - got my $25 gas card! It really wasn't that hard to do. I had a list of items I wanted to get, I wandered around, threw them in my cart and left. I was expecting some issues with items not counting properly, not getting to the total I wanted, etc. But for a change, it was smooth sailing.
  • 8 Crystal Lites $1.99 each, used four $1 off 2 tearpad coupons
  • 10 Yoplait Yogurts $7.10, used $0.40 off 6 coupon (6/12 SS) *These are 10 for $6 but apparently, not all varieties were on sale. The pink bottles rang up $0.75 each
  • Country Time Lemonade $1.99
  • 2 Pillsbury Grands Biscuits $2.49 each
  • 2 Hellmann's Mayo $4.79 each, used two $0.40 coupons (recent RP? can't figure out which insert this was from) and got back $2 catalina (total bonus, wasn't expecting this)
  • 4 Breakstone Sour Creams $1.79 each
  • 2 Temptee Cream Cheeses $3.79 each
  • 2 Oscar Mayer Turkey Dogs $3.19 each, used $1 off 2 coupon (6/19 SS)
  • 2 Klondike Bars $1.77 each
  • Used $5/$50 coupon, total was $59.84
Everything I bought counted towards the gas promo. Coupons don't affect the total towards the deal, but any amount that is doubled from a coupon deducts your total. I'm pretty sure the store coupon ($5/$50) also lessens your total. So for the Hellmann's, the item was $4.79. I used a $0.40 coupon, which doubled to $0.80 off. So I paid $3.99 and $4.39 counted towards the promo. Does that make sense? I think I confused myself trying to explain it!

I'll also use these purchases towards a $25 Amstel NBPR rebate on $100 of groceries.
Rite Aid
  • Samy Fat Foam Hair Color $7.99 ($9.99 reg price, 20% Wellness discount), used $3 coupon and $5 RA coupon (June Video Values) and got back $5 UP (Limit 2) = $4.01 profit
  • Prell Conditioner $3.19 ($3.99 reg price, 20% Wellness discount), used $2 coupon and will get back $2 (SCR #38) = $0.81 profit
  • 4 Lays Chips $2.50 each, got back two $1 UP's ($1 WYB 2, Limit 2 offers) = $8 *Will use these towards a $7 Newcastle NBPR rebate on $10 of snacks
  • Peppermint Patty $0.79 ($0.99 reg price, 20% Wellness discount)
  • Used $2 UP, $5 UP and $5 UP, total was $0.81
Now all my UP's that are expiring this week have been used up. Phew!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Can you tell us where you get all your NPBR rebates from. You site s the only one Ihave ever seen them listed on andI would love to start taking advantage of these.

Love your site and thanks for all your postings :)

frugalsuz said...

Kathy,
Thank you so much! I get all of mine from ebay. Many folks are able to find them as tearpads in supermarkets or liquor stores, but I am never able to spot any here.

Precious said...

Nice job. Here in NY we have a lot of NBPR rebates. So look for someone to trade with in NY Kathy.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

On the Pantene satisfaction guarantee can you use ECBs towards purchase?

frugalsuz said...

Great tip Precious!

Elaine,
Sure, why not? EB's are a form of payment, just like cash.