(name that movie)An avid quilter and crafty soul, my mom made Gigi a present. Its a fleece pillow, stuffed with scraps of quilting fabric. Gigi is in love! Its bumpy, lumpy and comfy, the three qualities Gigi looks for in something to snuggle on.
On Friday, I finally got around to using the wonderful $3 coupon at Staples. It was valid until Saturday and I wish I'd started using it earlier in the week, but I was feeling pretty awful (still am). It was $3 off your purchase and if you bought a $3 item, you didn't pay any tax. I got a bunch of bubble mailers (should hold me over until the next 3 for $1 sale at WAG), a dry erase board ($3), cute magnets ($3), painters tape ($3), perky Command hooks ($3), LED lights that stick to the wall - thinking I could use these in a closet ($3) and a clearanced set of 2 dry erase boards for $0.50. My sister went with me on one of my trips and found some pretty fabulous Duct tape in a hot pink/black spatter print. I love those $1/$2/$3 bins at Staples - they have such fun stuff!
First trip in a while that doesn't involve Rite Aid!
- Zyrtec 24 Hour Tablets (5 ct) $5.99, used FREE homemailer coupon and got back $5.99 EB (Limit 1) = $5.99 profit
- 2 Kiss False Eyelashes $3.99 each, used two $2 coupons and got back $5 EB (WYB 2, Limit 1) = $1.01 profit
- Motrin PM (20 ct) $4, use $1 coupon (or 6/12 RP) and get back $3 EB (Limit 1) = FREE
- Eggs $1.59
- Milk $1.19
- Used $1 EB and $8 EB, total was $1.32
Walgreens - the stock on the Wal-fex is supposed to be very low nationwide, so this may be hard to find. My store only had about three in stock.
- Wal-fex 24 Hour Allergy (5 ct) $3.99, got back $4 RR = FREE/$0.01 profit
- Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor $9.89, used $4 coupon (6/5 P&G) and got back $5 RR = $0.89
- 4 Candy bars $0.39 each
- Used five $2 RR's, total was $2.24 - paid with gift card I received from a previous rebate ($10 WAG gift card WYB beauty purchases - I think I used the free Almay for this?)
Goonies has been on tv all weekend (remember that movie?). Ahh, the truffle shuffle, I have such fond memories. Whenever I hear that Cyndi Lauper song (Good Enough I think?) I always picture the boys speeding away on their bikes and the older brother stuck on that little girl's bike trying to catch up. It was totally on my mind when I did my Walgreens shopping because I picked up a Baby Ruth bar. Too bad neither of us likes Baby Ruth! Guess that'll be an early father's day present for my dad, he loves 'em. :)