Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Very Merry Christmas (In Pictures)

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!  Ours was filled with good old family time and laughter.  We even had a white Christmas!

My sister somehow found the Clark Griswold moose mugs from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and got a set for da boyfriend and I - aren't they hilarious?  Best Christmas movie ever.  "Are you still in the Navy Clark?"  "PLAY BALL!"
My mom, "the quiltin' bitch" as we've aptly nicknamed her created this beautiful Christmas themed quilt.  I love the semi-abstract Santa's.  My uncle stared at it for a good thirty minutes before he saw them, but I expect you will do much better!
That just about says it all...

Minnie's Grinch feet
"Watch it with the comments lady, I'm mighty close to your ankles and I've been known to nip"

The ever-so-shy Freckles emerging from downstairs to see what's going on.
Looking so demure...


Rocky loves to hang out on top of the stairs and keep his eye on all of us.
And his mom, who was down the hall.
Deliciousness on a pretzel!  My sister melted Hershey Kisses over the pretzels and topped each with an M&M.  The salt of the pretzel, plus the white chocolate, plus the chocolate, plus the peppermint?  Boy howdy!
I picked up this rustic looking clock for my dad.  I thought it would be nice if I put in a battery and set the time for him so it would be ready to go.  After finishing my present wrapping, I heard a ticking noise and realized you could hear the clock ticking through the wrapping paper.  Then laughed myself silly for creating a veritable bomb present.
"Mommmmmm, put me down!"
As usual, before the wrapping paper had even hit the floor, Bootz was all over, in, around and on top of the boxes.
Shadow and what's left of her circle rawhide bone. It only took a couple hours for the other half to disappear.

Do the hustle! 
Woo!  Looks like Freckles got into the spiked eggnog this year!

Merry Christmas everyone!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I made the pretzel treats also!

Sheila said...

Your mom is very talented! I am going to make a batch of the pretzel treats using the Pretzel Crisps - thanks!!!

Kathy said...

PS - love the quilted wall hanging. I made one once in a class and know how much work is involved.

michelle said...

Love the quilt!

frugalsuz said...

Kathy,
Aren't they delicious? I'm surprised that I still have some lying around the house, they're addictive!

Sheila,
She's amazing! She used to make clothes for us when we were little and she even made my prom dresses!

Thanks Kathy and Michelle, I love it too!